We have been ranked as leaders in agribusiness law in Western Australia by Doyles Guide. Our Principal, Tim Hayter, has been ranked as a “Leading Agribusiness Lawyer – Western Australia, 2017” (Top 7 in Western Australia) http://doylesguide.com/leading-agribusiness-lawyers-western-australia-2017/, and Mid West Lawyers has been ranked as a “Leading Agribusiness Law Firm – Western Australia, 2017” (Top 5 in W.A.) http://doylesguide.com/leading-agribusiness-law-firms-western-australia-2017/.
Over the years our senior lawyers have acted for clients involved in wheat, canola, lupin, wool, beef, dairy, wool, lamb, poultry, piggery, viticulture, forestry and plantation operations. Our senior lawyers have strong family connections with various agribusiness operators which allows them to better appreciate the challenges faced in agribusiness.
We can assist with the following agribusiness and rural matters:
- Agribusiness and rural property contracts, agreements and deeds;
- Sale and purchase of farmland, agribusiness assets and livestock, including due diligence, pre-contractual negotiations, contract preparation, contract review and settlement;
- Rural and agribusiness succession planning, including intergenerational farm transfers and Family Farm Exemption Transfers under the Duties Act 2008 (WA);
- Restructuring to facilitate succession planning;
- Farm Leases, Share Farming Agreements and Livestock Management Agreements;
- Pastoral leases and dealings with the Pastoral Lands Board;
- Foreign Investment Review Board (FIRB) advice and applications;
- Farm subdivisions;
- Land dealings with mining, energy and telecommunications companies, including lease and licence agreements, wind farm agreements, royalty agreements, land access agreements, compensation agreements and easement deeds;
- Compulsory acquisitions and land valuation matters;
- Structuring advice on issues relating to trading entities, partnerships, trusts, corporations, joint ventures, syndicates and family restructures;
- Trust deeds for holding and trading entities;
- Preparation of partnership agreements;
- Property ownership agreements;
- Preparation of trust deeds for holding and trading entities;
- Mortgages, crop liens and other securities against rural and agribusiness assets;
- Water rights, access and licences under the Waterways Conservation Act 1976 (WA);
- Carbon trading agreements;
- Employment Agreement;
- Contractor Agreements; and
- Disputes and litigation.
Mid West Lawyers is a leading independent law firm with offices in Geraldton and Perth, Western Australia. We take great pride in delivering quality and pragmatic legal advice to our clients.
What We Do
Suite 1, Wiebbe Hayes House
7 Wiebbe Hayes Lane
Geraldton WA 6530
(08) 9921 6040
45 Ventnor Avenue
West Perth WA 6005
(08) 9389 4450